SASSA supports the positioning and development of social work within the Swiss educational field. In addition, it provides coordination and maintains links with practice, politics and the scientific community.
SASSA does the following:
- Supports the UAS faculties of social work with regard to further development of social work as a discipline and profession
- Represents their interests in the education environment, in politics and among other organisations in the educational field, such as swissuniversities and SERI
- Issues expert and education-policy-related statements and recommendations
- Gives interested parties an overview of the study of social work in Switzerland, along with the associated career perspectives
- Develops quality standards for the study of social work
- Publishes brochures on study and research in the domain of social work
- Participates in the nationwide exchange of information with partner organisations, professional associations and other players in the domain of social work
SASSA is organised as an association in accordance with Art. 60 ff. of the Swiss Civil Code. As a professional association, it is a partner of the swissuniversities Chamber of Universities of Applied Sciences and Arts, and in this context it acts in the interests of further development of this specialist field in the educational field.
The mission statement can be read here.